2 de diciembre de 2009

Area of the country: How big is it?

Ireland covers an area of 70,286 square kilometers.
Ireland is the third biggest island in Europe. It is positioned towards the northwest of the European Continent and has the island of Great Britain towards its east. 



Traditionally, Ireland is subdivided into four provinces: Connacht, Leinster, Munster and Ulster; and, in a political system that was developed between the 13th and 17th centuries, thirty-two countries. Twenty-six of the counties are in the Republic of Ireland, and six countries (six of Ulster's nine counties) are in Northern Ireland.



The "Irish Sea" that divides Ireland from Britain is only 17.6 kilometers across at its narrowest point.

3 comentarios:

Leonor dijo...

Cintia could you explain me this part please? "...thirty-two countries. Twenty-six of the counties are in the Republic of Ireland, and six countries (six of Ulster's nine counties) are in Northern Ireland." I don't know what is the sense of country there, I think you are referring to counties all the time, aren't you?

Cintia dijo...

Yes! counties, as "condados"... Sorry, I didn't realized my mistake..
First image has been changed, how?

Leonor dijo...

Sorry Cintia! I put an image because when I came into the blog there wasn't any, only a hole and the HTML code, so weird. Then I put one with the four parts you speak about in your post :)